Brand Identity is the visual and verbal expression of a brand across a wide variety of material. It’s a strategically organized structure that presents consistency and unity throughout all channels of communication.
The foundation of this structure includes both a continuous visual language that encompasses your logo, fonts, colors, layout and imagery as well as a consistent verbal message crafted to project a compelling voice that resonates throughout your target audience.
Brand awareness and recognition are facilitated by a visual identity—shape, color, content. Through repeated exposure, these symbols become recognizable. Your logo is the point of entry to your brand.
Your brand identity will:
- Express the kind of organization you are
- Connect your company to images and ideas
- Build equity over time
- Provide consistency
To translate your vision into a tangible expression, your brand identity must be:
- Memorable and appropriate
- Immediately recognizable
- Clear and consistent
- Works both in black and white and in color
Your identity must be coherent. It must be experienced the same whether it is online, in print or elsewhere by:
- Look and feel: use of colors, typeface and formats
- Voice: a consistent message across all marketing tools.
- Unification: must be unified across all products.
- Standards: a high and consistent level of quality.
- Clarity and simplicity: make it easy to understand.